Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snow Day

I made my own snow day today. We are on a 9-80 schedule at work, and this Friday would have been an off day. The weather forecast was very scary last night and this morning, so I decided to stay home today and go into work on Friday instead. I've been able to get a bunch of stuff crossed off my giant to-do list, so that is nice. Plus, I just got a call from the choir director: they've canceled the church service for the evening because of the snow. It has been rescheduled, so we will be having an Ash Thursday service tomorrow instead.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering why suddenly there were so many more Democratic ballots cast in Illinois for the primary election yesterday, I've got your answer. Illinois lets you choose whatever ballot you want to use for the primary. Heck, they even had a Green party ballot this year! I know a LOT of Republican-leaning people who decided that their vote was worth more to help a certain Democratic candidate get more delegates than a certain other Democratic candidate.

1 comment:

  1. Very jealous of the 9-80. :-) That's awesome that your company lets you do that. We had one for a short time when I started, and then it was gone... oh well.

    As for the "open" ballot: Yay! The reason you outlined is exactly why I voted on the Democratic ballot instead of my normal "Non-Partisan" or Green ballot this primary. Because this time, for once, my vote actually mattered in Illinois. Which by the way, felt pretty nice! For the first time in my 10 years of voting in Illinois my vote actually counted! Very excited. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned ON, which means I will need to read and approve your comment before it shows up under the post. Sorry about the word verification step, I was getting linkspam emails. Thanks!

Me

Me
There aren't many photos of the photographer

Twitter

Search This Blog

Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from prismglass. Make your own badge here.

Labels