Sunday, August 31, 2008

Non-Standard Use Case

Okay, most of the time, I am glad that my washing machine does not move around easily. Even when it gets imbalanced it will only move about an inch. But whatever makes it difficult to move on-accident is also making it difficult to move on-purpose. Lifting up the front edge from the bottom and dragging backwards works well enough for moving it away from the wall. But putting it back was much more involved, and I found myself needing to brace my feet against the opposite cabinet to get enough leverage. And that was just for the washing and masking step, I have to do that two more times for the primer then the paint. If only there were a switch to flip between "high friction" and "low friction" modes? (If you are an appliance designer, maybe you could drop this into the feature suggestion box?) At least the dryer is much easier to deal with by comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned ON, which means I will need to read and approve your comment before it shows up under the post. Sorry about the word verification step, I was getting linkspam emails. Thanks!

Me

Me
There aren't many photos of the photographer

Twitter

Search This Blog

Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from prismglass. Make your own badge here.

Labels