Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh, Right, I Have a Blog

100th post, if you like round numbers in the base ten system that is kind of cool. I'm not going to write about anything special or monumental, just some disjointed thoughts and news items.

The herbs in pots in the kitchen are growing well. Much better than expected. At some point I will actually start using them to cook, but I didn't want to cut anything off so soon after transplanting.

The iPod touch (or iPhoney as I call it if I screw up and start referring to it as an iPhone) is both a monumental waste of time and a useful tool. I got an FM transmitter for the car so I'm actually listening to an hour of good music every day. The Genius playlist feature is now my friend.

I messed up a recent yarn purchase by not realizing that "one skein" listed on the pattern meant "one skein PER SOCK." Oops.

Just today I extricated myself from a major commitment at work that I wasn't really able to spend any time on, and wasn't excited about anymore. The relief I feel at having this burden lifted makes up for any lingering guilt about quitting the task. Also, I was reassured that I was NOT single-handedly holding up everything, as I had feared.

The Chase Corporate Challenge is next week on Thursday. I haven't spent any time running recently, so I'm planning to take it at a brisk walk. We'll see what actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned ON, which means I will need to read and approve your comment before it shows up under the post. Sorry about the word verification step, I was getting linkspam emails. Thanks!

Me

Me
There aren't many photos of the photographer

Twitter

Search This Blog

Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from prismglass. Make your own badge here.

Labels