Thursday, February 1, 2007

30,000 miles, and an all-nighter

My Mazda3 sedan reached 30,000 miles on the way home from work today. In the near three years I've had it, I've had only two things you might be able to classify as problems. First, they did a recall to fix an airbag sensor that would crack and let moisture in. Second, I've recently realized that the lever inside the car that pops the trunk has stopped working. I'll get that fixed under warranty at its 30k checkup. So I have been more than pleased with the quality and design of the entire car. I'm starting to see more of them on the road, too, so others must be happy as well.

The payments will be over around this time next year, and then I hope to drive it for many years after that. I spent more time and energy researching which car to buy than which house to buy - and while we had to compromise on the house (1.5 bathrooms instead of 2) I don't feel I had to compromise on the car at all.
Thank you, Mazda, for designing and building a small car that isn't a piece of crap!

Tonight I hope to get a lot of rest, because we are driving back to Rose tomorrow to participate in the Drama Club's 24-hour-play-festival. Us writers (alumni, mostly, I think) have from 8 pm on Friday to 8 am on Saturday to write a small play each. Then the actors and directors get until 8 pm on Saturday to rehearse and memorize the plays for a performance. So if you can make it at all, please consider stopping by the Kahn Room at 8 pm on 2/3/07 to watch the World Premiere of a bunch of plays. Those plays will be written by sleep-deprived engineers and scientists, with the constraint that we must include a certain prop (also provided at 8 pm tomorrow) and use certain actors. Hilarity may ensue (your results may vary).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned ON, which means I will need to read and approve your comment before it shows up under the post. Sorry about the word verification step, I was getting linkspam emails. Thanks!

Me

Me
There aren't many photos of the photographer

Twitter

Search This Blog

Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from prismglass. Make your own badge here.

Labels