Monday, February 12, 2007

I would like to share...

I would like to share the play I wrote last weekend with anyone who would like to read it. I think it turned out very well, especially given the time constraints and this is the first time I've ever done anything like that. BUT I'm worried that if I put it out on Google Docs with the setting where ANYONE can read it, some kid will find it and rip it off for their creative writing assignment. Paranoid, I know, but I'm proud of the multi-level symbolism I was able to create around a train whistle, and I don't like the idea of some cheatwad getting extra credit for it! Okay, that sounds really far-fetched when I write it out like that. Here's the link:

(link removed 3/31/15)

I may take it down in a month or so, to reduce its weblife.

Warning: not entirely work safe. Read it yourself before deciding who else to show it to! I'd love to hear comments. (I disabled the capthca-thingy, but comment moderation is still enabled.) (And if you knew me in college or before, I was Amy. Now I can understand Darren's point of view but haven't taken it completely to heart.)

2 comments:

  1. I love the play!

    For what it's worth I don't think I've taken it to heart yet either. I'm most definitely still in the 'check stuff off' mode but slowly transitioning out of it. I just wish I had already checked more stuff off while I was so gun ho. ;-)

    It's really nice to see you on a on-line. Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - very cool. I wish I had been there to contribute to the applause.

    With regard to academic plagiarism, don't worry, your work could suffer far worse. For perspective, remember the base of the geek hierarchy.

    As for further discussion, existential matters are best over strong drinks in comfortable chairs. I'll save my questions for an appropriate occasion ;)

    Thanks again for posting your work!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned ON, which means I will need to read and approve your comment before it shows up under the post. Sorry about the word verification step, I was getting linkspam emails. Thanks!

Me

Me
There aren't many photos of the photographer

Twitter

Search This Blog

Flickr Badge

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from prismglass. Make your own badge here.

Labels